Mid-County Christian Home School Co-op Foundational Statements
Statement of Faith
1. The Bible is the only verbally inspired and infallible authoritative Word of God, inerrant in the autographs.(2 Timothy 3:16, 2 Peter 1:20-21)
2. God is one being who eternally exists as three persons, Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, with all of the persons being equal in power and in glory. (Mathew 28:19 & 2 Corinthians 13:14)
3. Jesus Christ is fully God and man (John 1:2-14), born of a virgin (Matthew 1:18), sinless in His life (Hebrews 4:15.) He died vicariously on the cross as a substitution for sinful men (Hebrews 9:15.) He rose bodily from the grave, (John 20:1-9 & 24-31, Acts 2:24), and He now reigns with the Father (Acts 2:33 & Hebrews 10:12.) He will return visibly and personally to the earth both in salvation and judgement (Acts 1:11, Hebrews 9:28, & Matthew 24:30.)
4. All humans are sinful by nature ( Romans 3:23 & 5:12) and can only be forgiven by the expression of trust in Jesus as Savior (John 3:16) brought about by the regenerating work of the Holy Spirit (Titus 3:5-7.)
5. We believe in the continuing ministry of the Holy Spirit by Whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life (Romans 6:1-17.)
Statement of Family
1. We believe that the family is the basic governmental, social, and spiritual unit created by God. In it, the child gradually learns self-government, social relationships, and develops a relationship to the Creator and Savior (Ephesians 6:1-3 & Colossians 3:20.)
2. We understand a family to mean a married male and female parent or a single parent with one or more children related by blood or legal adoption or guardianship(Genesis 1:26-28, 2:21-24.)
3. We reject homosexual marriages or homosexual orientation because it is contrary to Scripture and the intentions of God in creation (Romans 1:18-32,) and we believe that such relationships are destructive to children and the very idea of family.
4. We reject transitory co-habitational relationships as being equally in violation of God’s laws and incapable of providing the long term nurture and instruction needed by children and commanded by God(Proverbs 1:8-9, 2:1-11, Colossians 3:21, Ephesians 6:4.)
5. In view of 3 and 4 above, no homosexual or cohabitating “parents” are eligible to participate in the co-op.
Statement of Parental Rights and Responsibility in Education
1. We believe the ultimate responsibility of the education of children belongs to the parents(Deuteronomy 4:9, 6:1-25, 4:1-4.) Thus, we believe this is an inalienable right given by God which the state cannot create, destroy, nor alter. Parents may allow another to teach some of the cognitive information that children need to know, but all education must be under the control and supervision of the parents.
2. We believe education in the home to be the best form of education, but we recognize that many parents cannot educate at home for valid reasons and support the right of parents to send children to their school of choice.
Parent Signature ____________________________________________________